Axbridge explosion victim stabbed
29.10.07. 11.17 am. THE post mortem results of a couple caught in a blast at a property in Axbridge over the weekend show that the wife had been stabbed.
THE post mortem results of a couple caught in a blast at a property in Axbridge over the weekend show that the wife had been stabbed.
Police say the man who was also found dead at the scene of the explosion, in St Mary Street on Saturday, died after inhaling smoke and hot gases.
The couple, thought to be Wilfred and Wendy Bastin, were caught in the blast in an annexe to the rear of The Georgian House, at around 3pm.
Officers believe the explosion was caused by the use of an accelerant, thought to be petrol, and forensic tests to confirm this are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Police say that following an examination of the scene they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare