Axbridge explosion victim stabbed
29.10.07. 11.17 am. THE post mortem results of a couple caught in a blast at a property in Axbridge over the weekend show that the wife had been stabbed.
THE post mortem results of a couple caught in a blast at a property in Axbridge over the weekend show that the wife had been stabbed.
Police say the man who was also found dead at the scene of the explosion, in St Mary Street on Saturday, died after inhaling smoke and hot gases.
The couple, thought to be Wilfred and Wendy Bastin, were caught in the blast in an annexe to the rear of The Georgian House, at around 3pm.
Officers believe the explosion was caused by the use of an accelerant, thought to be petrol, and forensic tests to confirm this are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Police say that following an examination of the scene they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Village's community shop to relocate
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented