Pageant festival receives £2k to make event ‘a reality’
- Credit: Axbridge Chamber of Commerce
A popular pageant run every 10 years has been gifted £2,000 to make the 2020 event ‘possible’.
Axbridge Pageant Festival has been given the amount by the town's chamber of commerce, which was raised by fundraising activities held in the area.
The event will turn Axbridge into an outdoor theatre, where the past 2,000 years of the town's history will be brought to life.
It is attended by around 2,000 people each decade and will be held across three days at the end of August, during the bank holiday weekend.
Pageant artistic director John Bailey said: "Putting on the event is a hugely costly affair, not least finding multiple costumes for the 300 plus people who take part.
You may also want to watch:
"The generous support of Axbridge Chamber of Commerce will play a big part in making next year's event possible."
For more information about the event, visit www.axbridgepageant.org.uk
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers