Pageant festival receives £2k to make event ‘a reality’
- Credit: Axbridge Chamber of Commerce
A popular pageant run every 10 years has been gifted £2,000 to make the 2020 event ‘possible’.
Axbridge Pageant Festival has been given the amount by the town's chamber of commerce, which was raised by fundraising activities held in the area.
The event will turn Axbridge into an outdoor theatre, where the past 2,000 years of the town's history will be brought to life.
It is attended by around 2,000 people each decade and will be held across three days at the end of August, during the bank holiday weekend.
Pageant artistic director John Bailey said: "Putting on the event is a hugely costly affair, not least finding multiple costumes for the 300 plus people who take part.
You may also want to watch:
"The generous support of Axbridge Chamber of Commerce will play a big part in making next year's event possible."
For more information about the event, visit www.axbridgepageant.org.uk
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset