Axbridge Showcase: schedule of events
- Credit: Archant
MILITARY vehicles and an anti-aircraft gun will be in Axbridge this weekend for its showcase event.
There is a World War Two theme for the anniversary of Victory In Japan Day.
The event will start in The Square on Saturday at 9am, with events in the museum, town hall and St John the Baptist Church.
The event has been organised by the Axbridge Chamber of Commerce.
There will also be musical entertainment, classic cars and historic documents in the Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Here is the schedule for the day:
9am: Gold Award Farmers’ Market. Finishes at 1pm.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
9am-1.30 pm: Jonathan the Medieval piper gathers the crowds.
9.50am: St John’s Church Peel of Bells.
10am: Axbridge Showcase official opening in The Square by Mayor of Axbridge with Carnival Queen and Princesses.
10am: Churchill Bunker Café in The Town Hall opens.
10.15am-4pm Historic documents on Display in the council chamber in the Town Hall. There will be an informative talk every hour on the hour.
10.15am to noon: Voices of Axbridge Exhibition in St John’s Church in The Square.
10.15am-12.30pm: Axbridge Methodist Church opens for refreshments with Glastonbury Handbell Ringers at noon
10.15am-4pm: King John’s Hunting Lodge open.
10.30am: Parade of Axbridge Sea Cadets followed by Horn Pipe Dance performed by the junior Sea Cadets in The Square.
11am: Congresbury Brass Band at the foot of the church steps.
11.45am-12.15pm: Punch and Judy in The Court, St Mary’s Street.
1pm: Farmers’ market closes.
1pm: Congresbury Brass Band at the foot of the church steps.
1.15-1.45pm: Punch and Judy in The Court, St Mary’s Street.
1.50pm: Morris Dancers arrive in The Square from St Mary’s Street.
2.20pm: Re-enactment as Sir Winston Churchill announces war has broken out with Junior ACT and ACT - Axbridge at War
2.30-4pm: Messy Church for children in St John’s the Baptist Church.
2.40-4.40pm: Grammy Bros music from the 1940s and 1950s.
3pm: Classic cars arrive and park up in The Square.
4.45-6.45pm: The Lost Sheep playing 1960s and 1970s music.
7-9pm: Mayhem playing themed music of the period.
9-11pm: Screwloose rocking the night away.