Crews called to static caravan blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters are tackling a blaze which started in a static caravan but has spread to a nearby barn.
Crews from Chedder and Burnham arrived on the scene at Notting Hill Way, Axbridge just after 5am this morning.
On arrival they found the fire was spreading to an adjacent barn, and requested a further two appliances from Bridgwater attend.
A water carrier was also requested due to insufficient water supplies.
Crews are using two breathing apparatus and three hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and prevent it spreading further.
You may also want to watch:
A telehandler from Clyst St George is also at the scene.
A man suffering from smoke inhalation and minor burns was given oxygen and an ambulance was called.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
Crews confirmed asbestos is present within the barn roof, but is not currently involved in the fire and crews used hose reels to keep it cool.