Scout groups compete to win title in raft race competition
- Credit: Archant
Almost 30 scout groups from across the South West fought to win a raft race at Weston’s Marine Lake on Saturday.
Around 130 members in competing groups put their best paddle forward at the Axe Scout District annual summer race.
Teams designed and built their rafts with the help of scout leaders, and youngsters, aged 10 to 14, battled through 12 heats for a chance to win.
The 1st Locking Scouts retained their title for the second year running, after a day of racing.
Axe Scout District celebrate its 110th anniversary this year and has worked to design a badge to commemorate the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
The group will celebrate the event with a family festival at Weston's Grove Park on September 14, from 11am-5pm.
Tickets, priced £3, are available at www.axescouts.org.uk/product/axefest
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 School to host outdoor open day