Commuter road closes for £130k works
- Credit: Google Street View
A commuter road which connects motorists from Somerset to Weston will close daily this week.
The works in Burrington Combe, which run from the A368 junction to Ellick Road, will run from today (Monday) to Friday.
Maintenance works including patching, line upgrades and replacing damaged signs will be carried out on the stretch of the B3134 from 8am-5pm.
There will also be a new surface added to the road which improves grip.
North Somerset Council's head of transport and infrastructure, Colin Medus, said: "We will be introducing a different type of surface to the bends along this stretch of road with higher grip rate than standard materials, which will improve safety.
You may also want to watch:
"The works, which also includes patching and other improvements, is part of our annual maintenance programme."
A diversion is in place in Burrington Combe while the road works are taking place.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions