May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- Credit: Archant
Backwell Leisure Centre has reopened its main pool today (Monday) after carrying out extensive repairs.
The facility reopened its learner pool, gym and squash courts on May 1 but the main pool was kept closed after a leak was discovered.
The work, which cost around £400,000, included roof repairs and internal heating works.
Cllr Mike Solomon, North Somerset Council's executive member for neighbourhoods and community services, told the Times: "In terms of public confidence, the centres are already very busy since reopening for swimming and gym in April.
"The centres are experienced with managing people coming in and out of the centres safely, for example, often one way in and one way out, due to the various stages of reopening over the last 14 months.
"User confidence is high, and people have been really positive about the measures in place to keep them and staff safe."
For more information on bookings and opening times visit www.leisurecentre.com/backwell-leisure-centre
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced