Bakery battle commences
BUDDING Jamie Olivers and Delia Smiths will do bakery battle in an annual competition on Thursday. Youngsters will take part in Rotary Young Chef at King Alfred s School in Highbridge.
BUDDING Jamie Olivers and Delia Smiths will do bakery battle in an annual competition on Thursday.
Youngsters will take part in Rotary Young Chef at King Alfred's School in Highbridge.
The year 11 contestants have been asked to plan and prepare a healthy two-course meal for two people, including table place settings and presentation. They have been given a budget of £10 for ingredients and have 15 minutes to prepare the food and 90 minutes to cook, present the meal and wash up.
The event is being run by The Rotary Club of Burnham. The winner of the Highbridge competition will then progress to district, regional and perhaps even national rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Rotary president Colin Dunston will be judging the presentations while Scott Pring from Bridgwater College and Phil Sullivan from Battleborough Grange Country Hotel will judge the culinary creations.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston