Bakery battle commences
BUDDING Jamie Olivers and Delia Smiths will do bakery battle in an annual competition on Thursday. Youngsters will take part in Rotary Young Chef at King Alfred s School in Highbridge.
BUDDING Jamie Olivers and Delia Smiths will do bakery battle in an annual competition on Thursday.
Youngsters will take part in Rotary Young Chef at King Alfred's School in Highbridge.
The year 11 contestants have been asked to plan and prepare a healthy two-course meal for two people, including table place settings and presentation. They have been given a budget of £10 for ingredients and have 15 minutes to prepare the food and 90 minutes to cook, present the meal and wash up.
The event is being run by The Rotary Club of Burnham. The winner of the Highbridge competition will then progress to district, regional and perhaps even national rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Rotary president Colin Dunston will be judging the presentations while Scott Pring from Bridgwater College and Phil Sullivan from Battleborough Grange Country Hotel will judge the culinary creations.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years