VIDEO: Hot air balloon mass ascent from beach opens Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2019
- Credit: Archant
A mass ascent of hot air balloons took to the skies to officially open the 2019 Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2019 this morning (Saturday).
In partnership with Exclusive Ballooning and sponsored by Renishaw PLC, Balloons On The Beach is a new addition to the air festival's programme and this morning's launch saw 16 hot air balloons take off at sunrise from Weston beach.
Last year the Longleat lion balloon, known as Simbaloo, became the very first balloon to launch from Weston beach in the town's history.
The one-off flight was followed later in the month by a mass ascent featuring six hot air balloons.
Weston Air Festival offers airshow fans the chance to enjoy a whole host of family-friendly fun along the seafront and Beach Lawns.
You may also want to watch:
The event village will feature exhibition stands, food stalls, family activities and fairgrounds, as well as the chance to meet RAF crews, ensuring there is plenty to see and do at ground level.
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 3 Weston boy 'overwhelmed' at heart-warming response to car washing business
- 4 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 5 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 6 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 7 Doctors urge patients not to suffer in silence when it comes to their mental health
- 8 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?
- 9 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 10 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list