VIDEO: Hot air balloon mass ascent from beach opens Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2019
- Credit: Archant
A mass ascent of hot air balloons took to the skies to officially open the 2019 Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2019 this morning (Saturday).
In partnership with Exclusive Ballooning and sponsored by Renishaw PLC, Balloons On The Beach is a new addition to the air festival's programme and this morning's launch saw 16 hot air balloons take off at sunrise from Weston beach.
Last year the Longleat lion balloon, known as Simbaloo, became the very first balloon to launch from Weston beach in the town's history.
The one-off flight was followed later in the month by a mass ascent featuring six hot air balloons.
Weston Air Festival offers airshow fans the chance to enjoy a whole host of family-friendly fun along the seafront and Beach Lawns.
You may also want to watch:
The event village will feature exhibition stands, food stalls, family activities and fairgrounds, as well as the chance to meet RAF crews, ensuring there is plenty to see and do at ground level.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston