Balloons set to fly high above Weston beach after air festival
- Credit: Exclusive Ballooning
Balloons will fly high above Weston-super-Mare beach this summer, adding to the thrills and spills of this year’s Weston Air Festival.
Revellers at the seafront on the evenings of June 22 and 23 will enjoy the sight of hot-air balloons climbing into the sky after the hugely popular airplane displays.
The town is set to be packed with thousands of people marvelling at the mind-boggling performances from a wide range of aircraft.
What’s more, the entertainment is now expected to last longer into the evening with the addition of the balloons show.
The event is being orchestrated by Exclusive Ballooning, which was due to host a night glow on the seafront in November – but poor weather saw the display cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We are delighted to announce we will be returning to Weston beach.
“Following the daytime spectacular of Weston Air Festival, we will be launching mass ascents from the seafront on both Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
“Pilot applications will open shortly, and further event details will be released soon.”