Balloons set to fly high above Weston beach after air festival
- Credit: Exclusive Ballooning
Balloons will fly high above Weston-super-Mare beach this summer, adding to the thrills and spills of this year’s Weston Air Festival.
Revellers at the seafront on the evenings of June 22 and 23 will enjoy the sight of hot-air balloons climbing into the sky after the hugely popular airplane displays.
The town is set to be packed with thousands of people marvelling at the mind-boggling performances from a wide range of aircraft.
What’s more, the entertainment is now expected to last longer into the evening with the addition of the balloons show.
The event is being orchestrated by Exclusive Ballooning, which was due to host a night glow on the seafront in November – but poor weather saw the display cancelled.
A spokesman said: “We are delighted to announce we will be returning to Weston beach.
“Following the daytime spectacular of Weston Air Festival, we will be launching mass ascents from the seafront on both Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- 1 Suspected drug trafficker from Weston named in most wanted campaign
- 2 Dog found in hedge now looking for forever home
- 3 Man involved in 17-hour stand-off with police in Weston named locally
- 4 Luke Stillwell charged over Turnock Gardens incident
- 5 Sovereign Centre's fridge of free stuff officially opened
- 6 Plan for 2,800-home development would see 'Banwell Bypass' built
- 7 17-hour siege at Weston house comes to an end after arrest
- 8 Firefighters put out 'deliberate' blaze in Weston
- 9 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 10 Homes evacuated as armed police and negotiators brought for Weston siege
“Pilot applications will open shortly, and further event details will be released soon.”