‘Banksy’ artist strikes again
AN ELUSIVE graffiti artist who has been compared to Banksy has struck again in the town, this time outside a popular fish and chip shop.
The Weston artist, whose identity remains a secret, has drawn a picture of a boy at Bay View Fish and Chips in Birnbeck Road.
The art shows the boy reading a book titled Graffiti for Dummies while smoking a cigar.
Bay View Fish and Chips owner Andy Charnock said the artwork appeared last Sunday.
He said: “I like it, I think we’re going to keep it as many people find it interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
The artist’s work caused considerable speculation that Banksy has been in the town last month.
But, following a Mercury investigation, it was revealed the work was of a Weston artist.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 7 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 8 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston