Banksy’s Dismaland – tell us your favourite parts
- Credit: Archant
BANKSY’S Dismaland is coming to an end – but we want to celebrate everyone’s favourite parts while we still have a chance.
Dismaland has proved to be incredibly popular since it opened in Weston-super-Mare’s Tropicana, with tickets selling out in minutes.
But plenty of locals have also been through the doors, starting with the Mercury’s own locals day on August 21.
From the Grim Reaper on a dodgem to a designer baby in a vending machine, the exhibition is full of surprises.
The posters by Wasted Rita spread throughout the attraction and the revolving caravan have been some of the Mercury’s favourite parts.
But we want to know what you enjoyed the most.
Were your highlights some of the Banksys on display, including the woman being attacked by seagulls, a killer whale jumping out of a toilet or Cinderella in the castle?
You may also want to watch:
Or were some of the larger sculptures more your thing, such as the mushroom cloud by Dietrich Wegner or the Big Rig Jig by Mike Ross?
Inside the galleries, there are some amazing paintings, including Paco Pomet’s Cookie Monster surrounded by gunmen, and Lee Magdwick’s derelict houses promising ‘internet access’.
Some people said their highlight was having the chance to look around the dilapidated Tropicana, and you can click here to remind yourself of its glory days.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street
But perhaps the stand-out part for you was the dismal stewards in their pink vests and Mickey Mouse ears?
Tell us what you liked most by answering the poll on this page.
And if you can’t remember all the exhibition had to offer, visit our gallery.
Or if we missed something, leave us a comment below, join the conversation on our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter @WSMercury. And our Instagram channel will still be up and running even after the exhibition closes on Sunday, where we will be sharing some of our favourite parts of Weston.