Villagers enjoy community event in Banwell
- Credit: Archant
First aid training, bike marking and safety talks took over a village hall on Saturday during a new community event in Banwell.
Scores of people attended the community café and information event which was put on by Love Banwell, the parish council and 1st Banwell Scouts to bring villagers together.
Cyclists took along their bikes so they could have them marked by police officers.
Avon and Somerset police also gave a road safety talk for young cyclists.
People keen to learn first aid could take advantage of free training and talks, including a defibrillator demonstration.
You may also want to watch:
Scouts offered free bike repair services and there were also talks on banking services and dementia support.
The event was held in Banwell youth and children's centre.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
People also popped in for refreshments and a chat with friends.