Villagers enjoy community event in Banwell
- Credit: Archant
First aid training, bike marking and safety talks took over a village hall on Saturday during a new community event in Banwell.
Scores of people attended the community café and information event which was put on by Love Banwell, the parish council and 1st Banwell Scouts to bring villagers together.
Cyclists took along their bikes so they could have them marked by police officers.
Avon and Somerset police also gave a road safety talk for young cyclists.
People keen to learn first aid could take advantage of free training and talks, including a defibrillator demonstration.
You may also want to watch:
Scouts offered free bike repair services and there were also talks on banking services and dementia support.
The event was held in Banwell youth and children's centre.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
People also popped in for refreshments and a chat with friends.