Villagers enjoy community event in Banwell
- Credit: Archant
First aid training, bike marking and safety talks took over a village hall on Saturday during a new community event in Banwell.
Scores of people attended the community café and information event which was put on by Love Banwell, the parish council and 1st Banwell Scouts to bring villagers together.
Cyclists took along their bikes so they could have them marked by police officers.
Avon and Somerset police also gave a road safety talk for young cyclists.
People keen to learn first aid could take advantage of free training and talks, including a defibrillator demonstration.
You may also want to watch:
Scouts offered free bike repair services and there were also talks on banking services and dementia support.
The event was held in Banwell youth and children's centre.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 7 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
People also popped in for refreshments and a chat with friends.