Animal charity to host open day this weekend
- Credit: Jeremy Long
A Banwell animal sanctuary will host its first open day of the year at the weekend, giving people the chance to learn more about birds of prey.
Avon Owls, in Whitley Head, will open its doors to the public on Sunday from 10am-5pm.
The event will give animal lovers the opportunity to learn more about the creatures at the bird of prey centre.
The charity’s team of experts will be on hand to share their wisdom on the birds with guests.
A spokesman said the event will help the centre to raise some important money through people’s donations.
You may also want to watch:
They added: “This is our first open day of the year, so come and see these magnificent birds.
“There is no fixed fee for entry, however we ask for a donation.”
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
For those unable to attend Sunday’s open day, the charity has plans to host a series of events throughout the spring and summer.
For more information on the charity, log on to www.avonowls.org