Charity music marathon for Zambian children
- Credit: Archant
Villagers held a music marathon at the weekend to raise cash for children in Africa.
St Andrew’s Chruch, in Banwell, hosted the 12-hour extravaganza on Saturday to collect money to buy instruments for children living in Zambia.
Banwell is linked with the Chililabombwe parish, and the cash raised will be handed to the girls and boys brigade.
A medley of musical performances was enjoyed, including a show by Weston Sea Cadets.
Regular Skype video calls were made to the people of Chililabombwe throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
Churchwarden Kirsty Bowles said: “We had a wide range of local talent on show, from solo singers and guitarists to choirs and even a ukulele band.
“The fundraiser was held to buy brass band instruments.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
“It also marked the 25th anniversary of the link between the parishes.”