Charity music marathon for Zambian children
- Credit: Archant
Villagers held a music marathon at the weekend to raise cash for children in Africa.
St Andrew’s Chruch, in Banwell, hosted the 12-hour extravaganza on Saturday to collect money to buy instruments for children living in Zambia.
Banwell is linked with the Chililabombwe parish, and the cash raised will be handed to the girls and boys brigade.
A medley of musical performances was enjoyed, including a show by Weston Sea Cadets.
Regular Skype video calls were made to the people of Chililabombwe throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
Churchwarden Kirsty Bowles said: “We had a wide range of local talent on show, from solo singers and guitarists to choirs and even a ukulele band.
“The fundraiser was held to buy brass band instruments.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
“It also marked the 25th anniversary of the link between the parishes.”