Charity music marathon for Zambian children
- Credit: Archant
Villagers held a music marathon at the weekend to raise cash for children in Africa.
St Andrew’s Chruch, in Banwell, hosted the 12-hour extravaganza on Saturday to collect money to buy instruments for children living in Zambia.
Banwell is linked with the Chililabombwe parish, and the cash raised will be handed to the girls and boys brigade.
A medley of musical performances was enjoyed, including a show by Weston Sea Cadets.
Regular Skype video calls were made to the people of Chililabombwe throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
Churchwarden Kirsty Bowles said: “We had a wide range of local talent on show, from solo singers and guitarists to choirs and even a ukulele band.
“The fundraiser was held to buy brass band instruments.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 9 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
“It also marked the 25th anniversary of the link between the parishes.”