Barley Wood Orchard celebrates autumn with apple day
- Credit: Archant
Visitors flocked to Barley Wood Orchard to try out apple pressing at the weekend.
Families from across the district gathered at the venue's apple day in Wrington on Saturday.
Villagers brought along ripe fruit to throw into a juice press and apple-themed activities entertained families on the day.
Visitors could have their spare fruit pressed into juice, bottled and pasteurised.
Revellers could also enjoy a pint of draught or mulled cider at the gathering, where people could also experience the process of making the beverage.
You may also want to watch:
Children also took part in chucking apples in a scratter and peeling the fruit on the day.
Barley Wood Orchard's cider barn was opened by Mike and Isy Atkins in June 2018 and traditionally opens over the summer.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
The orchard launched three years ago and uses 60 varieties of apple to make the brand's cider.