Barley Wood Orchard celebrates autumn with apple day
- Credit: Archant
Visitors flocked to Barley Wood Orchard to try out apple pressing at the weekend.
Families from across the district gathered at the venue's apple day in Wrington on Saturday.
Villagers brought along ripe fruit to throw into a juice press and apple-themed activities entertained families on the day.
Visitors could have their spare fruit pressed into juice, bottled and pasteurised.
Revellers could also enjoy a pint of draught or mulled cider at the gathering, where people could also experience the process of making the beverage.
You may also want to watch:
Children also took part in chucking apples in a scratter and peeling the fruit on the day.
Barley Wood Orchard's cider barn was opened by Mike and Isy Atkins in June 2018 and traditionally opens over the summer.
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 6 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 7 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 8 New headteacher for village first school
- 9 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 10 Hot air balloons return to Weston
The orchard launched three years ago and uses 60 varieties of apple to make the brand's cider.