The Beauty Spot treats hospice nurses to makeover
- Credit: The Beauty Spot
Caring staff from a beauty business in Weston treated nurses from Weston Hospicecare to a pampering ready for the charity’s 30th anniversary party.
A nurse from the charity contacted The Beauty Spot, in Summer Lane, to book an appointment for her hair and makeup to be done ready for the celebration at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House.
The staff decided to offer their services for free to treat the nurses to thank them for the amazing work they do.
The Beauty Spot gathered an army of makeup artists and hair stylists to get the nurses ready of the party.
Staff also sent out appeals on Facebook and members of the public sent in cakes, sweets, chocolates, bottles of wine and champagne to say thank you to the hospice nurses.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren West, from The Beauty Spot, said: The nurses were overwhelmed, some had tears in their eyes and couldn't have been more grateful to the team.
"The Beauty Spot was blown away with what a fantastic organisation the hospice is."
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 10 John Crockford-Hawley column: Rigged art will put Weston on the map