The Beauty Spot treats hospice nurses to makeover
- Credit: The Beauty Spot
Caring staff from a beauty business in Weston treated nurses from Weston Hospicecare to a pampering ready for the charity’s 30th anniversary party.
A nurse from the charity contacted The Beauty Spot, in Summer Lane, to book an appointment for her hair and makeup to be done ready for the celebration at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House.
The staff decided to offer their services for free to treat the nurses to thank them for the amazing work they do.
The Beauty Spot gathered an army of makeup artists and hair stylists to get the nurses ready of the party.
Staff also sent out appeals on Facebook and members of the public sent in cakes, sweets, chocolates, bottles of wine and champagne to say thank you to the hospice nurses.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren West, from The Beauty Spot, said: The nurses were overwhelmed, some had tears in their eyes and couldn't have been more grateful to the team.
"The Beauty Spot was blown away with what a fantastic organisation the hospice is."
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?