Bedroom fire tackled

PUBLISHED: 10:38 16 October 2015 | UPDATED: 10:38 16 October 2015

Archant

FIRE crews were called to a bedroom blaze this morning (Friday).

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue was called to Badgworth Lane in Badgworth at around 9.18am.

Two appliances visited the scene, where crews saw smoke coming from a first floor bedroom.

Crews used a hose, safety jet and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire, which was confined to a small chair and electric blanket.

The property was then made safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury