Bellway Homes begins building 149 homes near Weston
- Credit: Archant
Construction work has begun on a housing estate near Weston.
Bellway Homes won planning permission in May for 149 homes off Wolvershill Road.
The homes are set to be released for buying in November.
Rachel Way, sales manager for Bellway South West, said: "We are really pleased that building work has now begun at our new development in Weston.
"There is a growing demand for new homes in Somerset and we are committed to help meet this need.
You may also want to watch:
"Parklands has been carefully designed with a range of house-hunters in mind, from first-time buyers to downsizers to growing families.
"We are already receiving a great deal of interest in the new homes at Parklands, so I would advise any prospective buyers to register for updates to avoid missing out."
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
This overall development near West Wick is planned to include 1,150 homes, a care home, a hotel, a primary school, community facilities and public open space.