Bellway Homes begins building 149 homes near Weston
- Credit: Archant
Construction work has begun on a housing estate near Weston.
Bellway Homes won planning permission in May for 149 homes off Wolvershill Road.
The homes are set to be released for buying in November.
Rachel Way, sales manager for Bellway South West, said: "We are really pleased that building work has now begun at our new development in Weston.
"There is a growing demand for new homes in Somerset and we are committed to help meet this need.
"Parklands has been carefully designed with a range of house-hunters in mind, from first-time buyers to downsizers to growing families.
"We are already receiving a great deal of interest in the new homes at Parklands, so I would advise any prospective buyers to register for updates to avoid missing out."
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 3 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 4 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 5 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 6 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 7 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 8 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 9 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 10 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
This overall development near West Wick is planned to include 1,150 homes, a care home, a hotel, a primary school, community facilities and public open space.