Bellway Homes begins building 149 homes near Weston
- Credit: Archant
Construction work has begun on a housing estate near Weston.
Bellway Homes won planning permission in May for 149 homes off Wolvershill Road.
The homes are set to be released for buying in November.
Rachel Way, sales manager for Bellway South West, said: "We are really pleased that building work has now begun at our new development in Weston.
"There is a growing demand for new homes in Somerset and we are committed to help meet this need.
You may also want to watch:
"Parklands has been carefully designed with a range of house-hunters in mind, from first-time buyers to downsizers to growing families.
"We are already receiving a great deal of interest in the new homes at Parklands, so I would advise any prospective buyers to register for updates to avoid missing out."
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
This overall development near West Wick is planned to include 1,150 homes, a care home, a hotel, a primary school, community facilities and public open space.