Council considers plans for 150 houses
- Credit: Archant
Plans for almost 150 homes near Weston are being reviewed.
Developer Bellway hopes to build 149 homes in Wolvershill Road between Banwell and West Wick.
The firm has secured outline planning permission for a masterplan of 1,150 homes, and is now hoping to agree the finer details for the first phase of the development.
Bellway plans to create apartments, plus two, three and four-bedroom homes – 19 of which would be affordable housing.
The wider project will include the creation of a care home, a primary school and sports facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Sales manager Rachel Way said: “We are looking forward to being involved in the creation of this exciting new neighbourhood near Weston.
“We have worked hard to create a development which will meet the needs of local people.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
“We plan to release the first homes for sale towards the end of the year.”