Council considers plans for 150 houses
- Credit: Archant
Plans for almost 150 homes near Weston are being reviewed.
Developer Bellway hopes to build 149 homes in Wolvershill Road between Banwell and West Wick.
The firm has secured outline planning permission for a masterplan of 1,150 homes, and is now hoping to agree the finer details for the first phase of the development.
Bellway plans to create apartments, plus two, three and four-bedroom homes – 19 of which would be affordable housing.
The wider project will include the creation of a care home, a primary school and sports facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Sales manager Rachel Way said: “We are looking forward to being involved in the creation of this exciting new neighbourhood near Weston.
“We have worked hard to create a development which will meet the needs of local people.
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
“We plan to release the first homes for sale towards the end of the year.”