Council considers plans for 150 houses
- Credit: Archant
Plans for almost 150 homes near Weston are being reviewed.
Developer Bellway hopes to build 149 homes in Wolvershill Road between Banwell and West Wick.
The firm has secured outline planning permission for a masterplan of 1,150 homes, and is now hoping to agree the finer details for the first phase of the development.
Bellway plans to create apartments, plus two, three and four-bedroom homes – 19 of which would be affordable housing.
The wider project will include the creation of a care home, a primary school and sports facilities.
Sales manager Rachel Way said: “We are looking forward to being involved in the creation of this exciting new neighbourhood near Weston.
“We have worked hard to create a development which will meet the needs of local people.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
“We plan to release the first homes for sale towards the end of the year.”