Ben roars at this year's beach race
THE motorbikes will not be the only things roaring at this year's Weston Beach Race.
Motorbikes will not be the only things roaring at this year’s event.
Ben Wyles, of Pennycress in Locking Castle, will be mounting his bike dressed as a tiger, all in the name of charity.
The 24-year-old, who works as a mechanic at Blackcats Motorbikes in Drove Road, Weston, is taking part in the solo race on Sunday in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
Ben, who will be wearing his number 300 competitor number, will also be busy collecting cash in his unusual outfit on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It will be the fourth time I have taken part in the race and my girlfriend Kirsty will be busy cheering me on next week.
“I hope to come in the top 150 but it is going to be hard work in a tiger outfit.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare