Bench presented to Cheddar Parish Council chairman
- Credit: Cheddar Vale Lions Club
A bench has been presented to a parish council to benefit a Somerset village.
Cheddar Vale Lions Club president Marion Adcock presented one of the club’s centennial benches to Cheddar Parish Council chairman Peter Colton.
The bench is situated in the middle of the village opposite Tesco, in Station Road.
Mr Colton said he ‘appreciated’ all the hard work done by the Lions in supporting the community and thanked it for the kind donation.
Another bench will be installed in Wedmore’s new play area.
You may also want to watch:
Lions International marked 100 years since its conception last year with a year of fundraising.
The Cheddar branch decided to raise money to install defibrillators across its district.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
The group is looking for new members to join its ranks to help with events and fundraising activities.
To enquire about joining, visit www.cheddarvalelions.org.uk or call 08458 337402.