Woman rescued after falling in sand dunes during high winds
- Credit: Archant
The search for a missing person in sand dunes this morning (Sunday, March 10) prompted voluntary life savers into action.
Posting on social media, Burnham Area Rescue Boat (BARB) says its search and rescue team was called out at around 8am to help Burnham Coastguard Rescue Team in the search.
It is believed that a woman suffered a fall in strong winds in the sand dunes at Berrow beach while walking her dogs and was unsure of her exact location.
BARB sent two teams of volunteers with 4x4 and multi-terrain vehicles to the scene.
BARB says the woman was found and carried on a stretcher by their crews and coastguards to a waiting ambulance.
In a Facebook post, a spokesman for BARB said: “This was another great example of close team working for a successful conclusion. Our thoughts are with the lady for a swift recovery.”
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash