Woman rescued after falling in sand dunes during high winds
- Credit: Archant
The search for a missing person in sand dunes this morning (Sunday, March 10) prompted voluntary life savers into action.
Posting on social media, Burnham Area Rescue Boat (BARB) says its search and rescue team was called out at around 8am to help Burnham Coastguard Rescue Team in the search.
It is believed that a woman suffered a fall in strong winds in the sand dunes at Berrow beach while walking her dogs and was unsure of her exact location.
BARB sent two teams of volunteers with 4x4 and multi-terrain vehicles to the scene.
BARB says the woman was found and carried on a stretcher by their crews and coastguards to a waiting ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
In a Facebook post, a spokesman for BARB said: “This was another great example of close team working for a successful conclusion. Our thoughts are with the lady for a swift recovery.”
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset