Beware of bogus callers
1pm 02.1107 - RESIDENTS are being warned to watch out for any bogus callers to their homes.
RESIDENTS are being warned to watch out for any bogus callers to their homes.
The warning comes after a man posing as a gas company worker tried to gain entry to the home of an elderly couple in the Clarence Park Road area.
The incident happened on Wednesday afternoon, at around 5.30pm, when the man called to say he was there to change their gas meter.
He then went on to explain that there was a debt on their account after his request was queried by the couple.
You may also want to watch:
Luckily the resident's did not believe him and refused to let him in.
The couple's gas company was contacted and it was confirmed that no-one had been sent out.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, about 6ft tall and of slim build.
He was clean shaven with short tidy dark hair and was wearing a one-piece navy coloured overall-type garment.
Anyone who was in the area at the time or may have some information is asked to contact the police on 0845 4567000.