Recycling crews to work over weekend after council collections missed
- Credit: Archant
Recycling and waste collections will be carried out tomorrow (Saturday) across North Somerset to catch up with delays.
A backlog of collections has forced North Somerset Council and Biffa to pick up rubbish tomorrow.
Hundreds of households' waste was not collected on time this week, and the council hopes the additional work will solve the problem.
Recycling crews will be out in Banwell, Claverham, parts of Long Ashton, Nailsea town centre, Winford and Worle tomorrow.
The garden waste teams will be in Banwell, parts of Clevedon and Weston Village, Dundry and the Locking Road area of Weston.
You may also want to watch:
A North Somerset Council spokesman tweeted this afternoon: "Biffa will have nine crews out working tomorrow, so if your containers have not been emptied today, please leave them out for collection tomorrow."
Issues began last week and has had a knock-on effect on collections over the past five days too.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
Two support crews were out today to help reduce the issue.