Recycling crews to work over weekend after council collections missed
- Credit: Archant
Recycling and waste collections will be carried out tomorrow (Saturday) across North Somerset to catch up with delays.
A backlog of collections has forced North Somerset Council and Biffa to pick up rubbish tomorrow.
Hundreds of households' waste was not collected on time this week, and the council hopes the additional work will solve the problem.
Recycling crews will be out in Banwell, Claverham, parts of Long Ashton, Nailsea town centre, Winford and Worle tomorrow.
The garden waste teams will be in Banwell, parts of Clevedon and Weston Village, Dundry and the Locking Road area of Weston.
You may also want to watch:
A North Somerset Council spokesman tweeted this afternoon: "Biffa will have nine crews out working tomorrow, so if your containers have not been emptied today, please leave them out for collection tomorrow."
Issues began last week and has had a knock-on effect on collections over the past five days too.
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 9 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 10 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
Two support crews were out today to help reduce the issue.