Recycling crews to work over weekend after council collections missed
- Credit: Archant
Recycling and waste collections will be carried out tomorrow (Saturday) across North Somerset to catch up with delays.
A backlog of collections has forced North Somerset Council and Biffa to pick up rubbish tomorrow.
Hundreds of households' waste was not collected on time this week, and the council hopes the additional work will solve the problem.
Recycling crews will be out in Banwell, Claverham, parts of Long Ashton, Nailsea town centre, Winford and Worle tomorrow.
The garden waste teams will be in Banwell, parts of Clevedon and Weston Village, Dundry and the Locking Road area of Weston.
A North Somerset Council spokesman tweeted this afternoon: "Biffa will have nine crews out working tomorrow, so if your containers have not been emptied today, please leave them out for collection tomorrow."
Issues began last week and has had a knock-on effect on collections over the past five days too.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre
Two support crews were out today to help reduce the issue.