Biggest health survey ever in Weston
WESTON S biggest ever inquiry into the state of the town s NHS has been launched by the Liberal Democrats.
WESTON'S biggest ever inquiry into the state of the town's NHS has been launched by the Liberal Democrats.
Around 75,000 people living in the town and the surrounding villages are being sent a personally addressed questionnaire asking their views on health services and other local issues.
It is believed to be the largest survey of its kind ever conducted in the area and is part of a nationwide 'SOS for the NHS' campaign.
Weston prospective parliamentary candidate Mike Bell said: "Already survey replies are pouring in and we have only just begun to deliver them.
You may also want to watch:
"It is clear that many people in our area are worried about the way our health service is being run.
"Despite the phenomenal job being done by thousands of hard-working health professionals and the billions of pounds of extra taxpayers money which has been spent on the NHS over the past 10 years, it is hard to see signs of the improvements we were promised - in many areas things are getting worse.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
"The Government needs to stop interfering in the management of our hospitals and let frontline health professionals do their jobs.
"I have launched this survey so that I can hear people's views and personal experiences on local health services. The NHS belongs to all of us and everybody deserves to have their say on how it is run."
The survey is being delivered to all registered voters in the constituency. The survey can also be completed online by visiting www.mikebell.org.uk
*Tell us what you think of the NHS be emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting our news forums at www.thewestonmercury.co.uk