Biggest health survey ever in Weston
WESTON S biggest ever inquiry into the state of the town s NHS has been launched by the Liberal Democrats.
WESTON'S biggest ever inquiry into the state of the town's NHS has been launched by the Liberal Democrats.
Around 75,000 people living in the town and the surrounding villages are being sent a personally addressed questionnaire asking their views on health services and other local issues.
It is believed to be the largest survey of its kind ever conducted in the area and is part of a nationwide 'SOS for the NHS' campaign.
Weston prospective parliamentary candidate Mike Bell said: "Already survey replies are pouring in and we have only just begun to deliver them.
You may also want to watch:
"It is clear that many people in our area are worried about the way our health service is being run.
"Despite the phenomenal job being done by thousands of hard-working health professionals and the billions of pounds of extra taxpayers money which has been spent on the NHS over the past 10 years, it is hard to see signs of the improvements we were promised - in many areas things are getting worse.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
"The Government needs to stop interfering in the management of our hospitals and let frontline health professionals do their jobs.
"I have launched this survey so that I can hear people's views and personal experiences on local health services. The NHS belongs to all of us and everybody deserves to have their say on how it is run."
The survey is being delivered to all registered voters in the constituency. The survey can also be completed online by visiting www.mikebell.org.uk
*Tell us what you think of the NHS be emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting our news forums at www.thewestonmercury.co.uk