Bikers urged to ride safe on rural roads
AS SUMMER draws ever nearer and clocks go forward, motorcyclists are being urged to be careful when heading out onto Somerset s rural roads.
AS SUMMER draws ever nearer and clocks go forward, motorcyclists are being urged to be careful when heading out onto Somerset's rural roads.
Across the Avon and Somerset area there were 36 collisions involving motorcyclists in 2007, leading to 13 biker deaths, 10 of which were in Somerset.
Police are now urging bikers to think about their safety and are urging them to take part in Bike Safe and Ride to Arrive events.
These events give motorcyclists the chance to have their riding skills assessed by experienced police traffic riders.
You may also want to watch:
A weekend of Bike Safe events will be held in Portishead on April 4-6 and May 30-June 1.
For more details call 01823 363200 or contact Somerset Road Safety Partnership on 0844 980 0028.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 Jon Sevink from The Levellers to perform in Weston park
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston