Three bin lorries gutted in Weston blaze
- Credit: Archant
Three recycling lorries were destroyed in a fire at Biffa’s waste depot in Weston-super-Mare this afternoon (Tuesday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called to the depot on Winterstoke Road at 3.48pm after three vehicles caught fire.
Crews from Weston, Avomouth, Southmead and Winscombe attended the incident and using 9 breathing apparatus, a high pressure hose reel and 25 litres of foam to put out the blaze.
The vehicles were empty at the time and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
Waste collection services are expected to continue as normal tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
The council’s contractors, Biffa, have secured alternative vehicles for their collection routes.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street