Three bin lorries gutted in Weston blaze
- Credit: Archant
Three recycling lorries were destroyed in a fire at Biffa’s waste depot in Weston-super-Mare this afternoon (Tuesday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called to the depot on Winterstoke Road at 3.48pm after three vehicles caught fire.
Crews from Weston, Avomouth, Southmead and Winscombe attended the incident and using 9 breathing apparatus, a high pressure hose reel and 25 litres of foam to put out the blaze.
The vehicles were empty at the time and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
Waste collection services are expected to continue as normal tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
The council’s contractors, Biffa, have secured alternative vehicles for their collection routes.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab