Bird’s nest causes house fire

PUBLISHED: 09:30 11 April 2017

Crews were called to a small fire in Cheddar.

Crews were called to a small fire in Cheddar.

Archant

A bird’s nest caused a fire to break out in a property in Cheddar.

Crews were called to Saxon Way at 5pm yesterday (Monday) to reports of a small fire behind a gas fireplace in the living room.

The fire was caused by a bird’s nest falling behind the gas fire and it was put out using chimney gear and buckets of water.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Weston Mercury