Christmas bird survey in Congresbury and Yatton
- Credit: Bryony Greaves
Bird watchers are being asked to take part in YACWAG’s Christmas bird survey.
Yatton & Congresbury Wildlife Action Group has organised the festive survey each year since 2006. This year also marks the group's 20th birthday and members are hoping lots of naturists will take part to make this the best survey so far.
The informal survey will provide information on which birds visit gardens between Christmas Eve and January 2. So far the blackbird has been the star performer, it is the bird seen in most gardens every single year.
To take part, a survey form can be downloaded at www.yacwag.org.uk, collected at Yatton or Congresbury library or call Win Lowman on 01934 833596.
All forms returned will be entered in a prize draw and the results of the survey will be published on the YACWAG website and in the local media.
You may also want to watch:
For help with identifying birds, visit www.bto.org or www.rspb.org.uk
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half