Blackford barn fire started 'accidentally'

PUBLISHED: 10:58 11 August 2016 | UPDATED: 10:58 11 August 2016

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

Fire crews from across Somerset and Devon have successfully managed to put out a huge barn fire in a Somerset village this morning (Thursday).

The fire involved a barn containing silage, tyres and plastic sheeting in Poolbridge Road, in Blackford near Wedmore, and crews were called to the scene at about 6.20am.

The incident’s commander confirmed the fire had been put out at about 9.50am.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews extinguished the fire using compressed air foam, three attack jets, drag forks and a thermal imaging camera.

“The dam from the water carrier was also utilised using water from a local rhyne and a light portable pump.”

It is thought the fire was started accidentally.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists