Villagers enjoy popular lantern parade
- Credit: Archant
Colourful lanterns filled the sky in Blagdon as families took part in a vibrant procession through the village.
Families gathered at the New Inn, in Park Lane, before parading their impressive creations through the village, ending at Blagdon Primary School, where hot drinks and food were served to revellers.
The event is organised by the school's parent teacher association (PTA) to raise money for the school.
Organisers held lantern-making workshops in the run-up to the event to give people tips on how to make the decorations.
Families put in a fantastic effort with birds, rabbits and more traditional lanterns lighting up the night.
You may also want to watch:
Blagdon Lantern Parade is held to light up the end of winter and it is a hugely popular event.
Schools and community groups from neighbouring villages also take part in the festivities.
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 7 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre