Villagers enjoy popular lantern parade
- Credit: Archant
Colourful lanterns filled the sky in Blagdon as families took part in a vibrant procession through the village.
Families gathered at the New Inn, in Park Lane, before parading their impressive creations through the village, ending at Blagdon Primary School, where hot drinks and food were served to revellers.
The event is organised by the school's parent teacher association (PTA) to raise money for the school.
Organisers held lantern-making workshops in the run-up to the event to give people tips on how to make the decorations.
Families put in a fantastic effort with birds, rabbits and more traditional lanterns lighting up the night.
You may also want to watch:
Blagdon Lantern Parade is held to light up the end of winter and it is a hugely popular event.
Schools and community groups from neighbouring villages also take part in the festivities.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases