Villagers enjoy popular lantern parade
- Credit: Archant
Colourful lanterns filled the sky in Blagdon as families took part in a vibrant procession through the village.
Families gathered at the New Inn, in Park Lane, before parading their impressive creations through the village, ending at Blagdon Primary School, where hot drinks and food were served to revellers.
The event is organised by the school's parent teacher association (PTA) to raise money for the school.
Organisers held lantern-making workshops in the run-up to the event to give people tips on how to make the decorations.
Families put in a fantastic effort with birds, rabbits and more traditional lanterns lighting up the night.
You may also want to watch:
Blagdon Lantern Parade is held to light up the end of winter and it is a hugely popular event.
Schools and community groups from neighbouring villages also take part in the festivities.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset