Blagdon fete to raise money for three causes
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in Blagdon are gearing up for an afternoon of games and family fun at the parish’s traditional fete next weekend.
The event is taking place at Blagdon Court, in Station Road, from 1-4.30pm on May 19 to raise money for St Andrew's Church, Send a Cow and Weston charity XTND.
This year organisers are debuting the scrumpy sling - the villagers' own version of a coconut shy.
Families can also try their luck on the human fruit machine and enjoy all the traditional stalls and side shows.
The fete gives people the chance to socialise with friends in a beautiful garden overlooking fields and the glistening Blagdon Lake.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments are available including hot drinks, cider, beer, cake, hot beef rolls, hot dogs and ice cream.
Entrance is £2 for adults and free for children and people are asked to leave their dogs at home.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
XTND aims to strengthen families by organising fun activities designed to expand horizons and raise aspirations.