Blaze damages bungalow kitchen and roof

PUBLISHED: 15:52 02 April 2015 | UPDATED: 15:52 02 April 2015

Archant

A KITCHEN and roof were badly damaged in a fire in a bungalow today (Thursday).

Three crews from Weston attended Uphill Road South in Uphill at 9.02am this morning.

When the Avon Fire and Rescue crews arrived, the blaze was affecting the gas and electricity supplies to the property and spreading to the roof.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two 45mm jets to extinguish the fire, which badly damaged the kitchen and 25 per cent of the roof.

It is thought the blaze started accidentally after a fault with the utility services.

Smoke also spread to the rest of the property.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury