Pictures: Bleadon youngsters put on stunning flower show
- Credit: Bleadon Horticultural Society
Bleadon’s Coronation Hall blossomed as it hosted the village’s 46th annual Spring Show on March 7.
Around 180 entries took part in the Bleadon Horticultural Society event after managing to protect their crops from the recent storms.
Tim Erridge left with the silverware in the fiercely contested cut-flowers category.
Showgoers had more than just floral displays to enjoy, with a selection of homecrafts being judged, and cakes to indulge in.
Elsewhere, Sue Davey and Chris Parkinson shared the honours for their photographic entries. The well-represented Easter exhibit category was won by Jan Marshman.
You may also want to watch:
It wasn’t just the adults with green fingers, though, as five-year-old Natalie scooped herself the King Cup for most points overall in the five years and under contest.
Lauren and Rosie shared the Junior Cup, awarded to the winners of the under 11s category.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster