Pictures: Bleadon youngsters put on stunning flower show
- Credit: Bleadon Horticultural Society
Bleadon’s Coronation Hall blossomed as it hosted the village’s 46th annual Spring Show on March 7.
Around 180 entries took part in the Bleadon Horticultural Society event after managing to protect their crops from the recent storms.
Tim Erridge left with the silverware in the fiercely contested cut-flowers category.
Showgoers had more than just floral displays to enjoy, with a selection of homecrafts being judged, and cakes to indulge in.
Elsewhere, Sue Davey and Chris Parkinson shared the honours for their photographic entries. The well-represented Easter exhibit category was won by Jan Marshman.
You may also want to watch:
It wasn’t just the adults with green fingers, though, as five-year-old Natalie scooped herself the King Cup for most points overall in the five years and under contest.
Lauren and Rosie shared the Junior Cup, awarded to the winners of the under 11s category.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple