Pictures: Bleadon youngsters put on stunning flower show
- Credit: Bleadon Horticultural Society
Bleadon’s Coronation Hall blossomed as it hosted the village’s 46th annual Spring Show on March 7.
Around 180 entries took part in the Bleadon Horticultural Society event after managing to protect their crops from the recent storms.
Tim Erridge left with the silverware in the fiercely contested cut-flowers category.
Showgoers had more than just floral displays to enjoy, with a selection of homecrafts being judged, and cakes to indulge in.
Elsewhere, Sue Davey and Chris Parkinson shared the honours for their photographic entries. The well-represented Easter exhibit category was won by Jan Marshman.
You may also want to watch:
It wasn’t just the adults with green fingers, though, as five-year-old Natalie scooped herself the King Cup for most points overall in the five years and under contest.
Lauren and Rosie shared the Junior Cup, awarded to the winners of the under 11s category.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital