Pictures: Bleadon youngsters put on stunning flower show
- Credit: Bleadon Horticultural Society
Bleadon’s Coronation Hall blossomed as it hosted the village’s 46th annual Spring Show on March 7.
Around 180 entries took part in the Bleadon Horticultural Society event after managing to protect their crops from the recent storms.
Tim Erridge left with the silverware in the fiercely contested cut-flowers category.
Showgoers had more than just floral displays to enjoy, with a selection of homecrafts being judged, and cakes to indulge in.
Elsewhere, Sue Davey and Chris Parkinson shared the honours for their photographic entries. The well-represented Easter exhibit category was won by Jan Marshman.
You may also want to watch:
It wasn’t just the adults with green fingers, though, as five-year-old Natalie scooped herself the King Cup for most points overall in the five years and under contest.
Lauren and Rosie shared the Junior Cup, awarded to the winners of the under 11s category.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal