PICTURES: Beautiful flower bouquets on display at summer show
- Credit: Archant
More than 200 entries were on display at Bleadon Summer Show at the weekend.
Families marvelled at colourful bouquets of flowers, fresh vegetables and fruit, as well as crafty creations and homemade cakes at Coronation Hall on Saturday.
Floral exhibits included Donna Ralph and Vivian Whitfield's entries and Amanda Du-Rose's dahlias.
Paul Thorne showed off his vegetable selection, which included leeks, carrots and squash, and Alison also entered her delicious Victoria sponge.
People flocked to the popular event, where the hall 'came alive with summer colour'.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Bleadon Horticultural Society said: "Many competition entries showed great imagination and visitors enjoyed the show on Saturday.
"Thank you to all who supported our village event.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
"The society's spring show will be held on March 8 next year."