New president takes over reigns of Lions club
- Credit: John Britton
A new president has taken the reins of a charity group in the run up to its biggest event of the year.
Bob Jones has taken over from John Holland as president of Weston Lions Club at its annual hand over dinner at Weston Golf Club.
The incoming president will wear the president's chains for the next year, with his first challenge being to oversee the successful delivery of this year's Weston Real Ale and Cider Festival which will run from July 26-28.
Bob is 'looking forward to his year in office'.
He added: "I will do my best to meet the challenges the club has planned in serving the local community for the coming year."
You may also want to watch:
The beer and cider festival will see dozens of local brews served to raise funds for the charity's work.
The festival is in its 12th year and has raised £380,000 for national and local charities.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
This year's event will support Cancer Research UK, Children's Hospice South West and Go Kids Go!