New president takes over reigns of Lions club
- Credit: John Britton
A new president has taken the reins of a charity group in the run up to its biggest event of the year.
Bob Jones has taken over from John Holland as president of Weston Lions Club at its annual hand over dinner at Weston Golf Club.
The incoming president will wear the president's chains for the next year, with his first challenge being to oversee the successful delivery of this year's Weston Real Ale and Cider Festival which will run from July 26-28.
Bob is 'looking forward to his year in office'.
He added: "I will do my best to meet the challenges the club has planned in serving the local community for the coming year."
You may also want to watch:
The beer and cider festival will see dozens of local brews served to raise funds for the charity's work.
The festival is in its 12th year and has raised £380,000 for national and local charities.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 9 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
This year's event will support Cancer Research UK, Children's Hospice South West and Go Kids Go!