New president takes over reigns of Lions club
- Credit: John Britton
A new president has taken the reins of a charity group in the run up to its biggest event of the year.
Bob Jones has taken over from John Holland as president of Weston Lions Club at its annual hand over dinner at Weston Golf Club.
The incoming president will wear the president's chains for the next year, with his first challenge being to oversee the successful delivery of this year's Weston Real Ale and Cider Festival which will run from July 26-28.
Bob is 'looking forward to his year in office'.
He added: "I will do my best to meet the challenges the club has planned in serving the local community for the coming year."
The beer and cider festival will see dozens of local brews served to raise funds for the charity's work.
The festival is in its 12th year and has raised £380,000 for national and local charities.
- 1 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 2 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 3 Cameras to enforce bus lanes rules in Weston from next week
- 4 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 5 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 6 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 7 Weston furniture shop shortlisted for national award
- 8 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 9 Westonians honoured in prestigious mayor awards evening
- 10 Firefighters rescue deer stuck on a GARAGE ROOF in Weston
This year's event will support Cancer Research UK, Children's Hospice South West and Go Kids Go!