Weston body builder climbs Snowdon for charity after cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Archant
A Weston body builder with stage two cancer raised £1,000 for charity by climbing Mount Snowdon.
Keiran Sage, 22, undertook the climb on November 26 with his girlfriend Daisy.
He raised £521 for MacMillan Cancer Support through a GoFundMe page, which was later matched by his employer.
Keiran says the climb, which takes around six hours to complete, was ‘tough but rewarding’.
He said: “I’m glad we were able to raise money to help people with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to show people they can do whatever they want, no matter their condition.
“Some people think having cancer means you have to lay down and die.
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 New headteacher for village first school
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
“I hope this shows people they can still fight their illness and do great things.”
Kieran is keeping his GoFundMe page running so people can continue to support him.
To donate money, visit www.gofundme.com/climb-snowdon-for-cancer