Weston body builder climbs Snowdon for charity after cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Archant
A Weston body builder with stage two cancer raised £1,000 for charity by climbing Mount Snowdon.
Keiran Sage, 22, undertook the climb on November 26 with his girlfriend Daisy.
He raised £521 for MacMillan Cancer Support through a GoFundMe page, which was later matched by his employer.
Keiran says the climb, which takes around six hours to complete, was ‘tough but rewarding’.
He said: “I’m glad we were able to raise money to help people with cancer.
“I want to show people they can do whatever they want, no matter their condition.
“Some people think having cancer means you have to lay down and die.
- 1 Homes evacuated as armed police and negotiators brought in at Weston incident
- 2 Turnock Gardens siege: What we know so far
- 3 'Pyrotechnic device' thrown at officers before Weston siege, police say
- 4 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 5 Dog found in hedge now looking for forever home
- 6 Fatal crash on the M5 leads to delays for drivers
- 7 Weston-born man killed in sickle attack in Thailand
- 8 Plan for 70 new homes on edge of Worle revealed
- 9 Council releases correction on Cheddar festival licencing
- 10 Belvedere returns home as latest Helicopter Museum exhibit
“I hope this shows people they can still fight their illness and do great things.”
Kieran is keeping his GoFundMe page running so people can continue to support him.
To donate money, visit www.gofundme.com/climb-snowdon-for-cancer