Weston body builder climbs Snowdon for charity after cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Archant
A Weston body builder with stage two cancer raised £1,000 for charity by climbing Mount Snowdon.
Keiran Sage, 22, undertook the climb on November 26 with his girlfriend Daisy.
He raised £521 for MacMillan Cancer Support through a GoFundMe page, which was later matched by his employer.
Keiran says the climb, which takes around six hours to complete, was ‘tough but rewarding’.
He said: “I’m glad we were able to raise money to help people with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to show people they can do whatever they want, no matter their condition.
“Some people think having cancer means you have to lay down and die.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 6 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
“I hope this shows people they can still fight their illness and do great things.”
Kieran is keeping his GoFundMe page running so people can continue to support him.
To donate money, visit www.gofundme.com/climb-snowdon-for-cancer