Weston body builder climbs Snowdon for charity after cancer diagnosis
- Credit: Archant
A Weston body builder with stage two cancer raised £1,000 for charity by climbing Mount Snowdon.
Keiran Sage, 22, undertook the climb on November 26 with his girlfriend Daisy.
He raised £521 for MacMillan Cancer Support through a GoFundMe page, which was later matched by his employer.
Keiran says the climb, which takes around six hours to complete, was ‘tough but rewarding’.
He said: “I’m glad we were able to raise money to help people with cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to show people they can do whatever they want, no matter their condition.
“Some people think having cancer means you have to lay down and die.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 7 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 10 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
“I hope this shows people they can still fight their illness and do great things.”
Kieran is keeping his GoFundMe page running so people can continue to support him.
To donate money, visit www.gofundme.com/climb-snowdon-for-cancer