Road closed after man’s body found in vehicle
- Credit: Tom Wright
A residential street was cordoned off after a man’s body was found inside a vehicle this afternoon (Friday).
Three police cars were in attendance at the scene in Claverham, near Yatton, and have been for several hours.
Police officers have cordoned off Chestnut Close between the junctions with Dunsters Road and Broadcroft Avenue.
A white van has been taped off within the cordon.
The incident was reported to police at around 1.15pm.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said the man's death is not believed to be suspicious.
He added: "Emergency services were called out to Claverham's Chestnut Drive this afternoon after concerns were raised for the welfare of a man.
- 1 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 2 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 3 Cameras to enforce bus lanes rules in Weston from next week
- 4 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 5 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 6 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 7 Weston furniture shop shortlisted for national award
- 8 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 9 Westonians honoured in prestigious mayor awards evening
- 10 Firefighters rescue deer stuck on a GARAGE ROOF in Weston
"On arrival, officers discovered the body of a man inside a vehicle.
"Enquiries are ongoing but the death is not currently believed to be suspicious at this time."
The man's identity has not been made public at this stage.
The road reopened at about 9pm.