Road closed after man’s body found in vehicle
- Credit: Tom Wright
A residential street was cordoned off after a man’s body was found inside a vehicle this afternoon (Friday).
Three police cars were in attendance at the scene in Claverham, near Yatton, and have been for several hours.
Police officers have cordoned off Chestnut Close between the junctions with Dunsters Road and Broadcroft Avenue.
A white van has been taped off within the cordon.
The incident was reported to police at around 1.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said the man's death is not believed to be suspicious.
He added: "Emergency services were called out to Claverham's Chestnut Drive this afternoon after concerns were raised for the welfare of a man.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
"On arrival, officers discovered the body of a man inside a vehicle.
"Enquiries are ongoing but the death is not currently believed to be suspicious at this time."
The man's identity has not been made public at this stage.
The road reopened at about 9pm.