Road closed after man’s body found in vehicle
- Credit: Tom Wright
A residential street was cordoned off after a man’s body was found inside a vehicle this afternoon (Friday).
Three police cars were in attendance at the scene in Claverham, near Yatton, and have been for several hours.
Police officers have cordoned off Chestnut Close between the junctions with Dunsters Road and Broadcroft Avenue.
A white van has been taped off within the cordon.
The incident was reported to police at around 1.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said the man's death is not believed to be suspicious.
He added: "Emergency services were called out to Claverham's Chestnut Drive this afternoon after concerns were raised for the welfare of a man.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
"On arrival, officers discovered the body of a man inside a vehicle.
"Enquiries are ongoing but the death is not currently believed to be suspicious at this time."
The man's identity has not been made public at this stage.
The road reopened at about 9pm.