Body found on Somerset beach
- Credit: By Steve F
Police recovered a dead body from a beach yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Emergency services were called to low lighthouse in Burnham-on-Sea just at around 7am after the body of a man was found on the beach near just off the Esplanade.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary do not believe at this stage a crime was committed.
A police spokesman said: "The death is being treated as unexplained, but it is not currently believed to be suspicious.
"Enquiries to confirm the man's identity are ongoing."
You may also want to watch:
The beach was temporarily cordoned off around the lighthouse and later re-opened mid-morning while Police, ambulance, and coastguard teams conducted their investigation.
Anyone with information should contact the police via 101.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple