Body found on Somerset beach
- Credit: By Steve F
Police recovered a dead body from a beach yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Emergency services were called to low lighthouse in Burnham-on-Sea just at around 7am after the body of a man was found on the beach near just off the Esplanade.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary do not believe at this stage a crime was committed.
A police spokesman said: "The death is being treated as unexplained, but it is not currently believed to be suspicious.
"Enquiries to confirm the man's identity are ongoing."
You may also want to watch:
The beach was temporarily cordoned off around the lighthouse and later re-opened mid-morning while Police, ambulance, and coastguard teams conducted their investigation.
Anyone with information should contact the police via 101.
- 1 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 2 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 8 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
- 9 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid