Book published which marks 50 years since Playhouse Theatre reopened
- Credit: Archant
A book has been published which marks 50 years since Weston’s Playhouse theatre reopened following a devastating fire.
Samantha Ball has written A History & Celebration Of The Playhouse Theatre following three years of research and interviews.
Samantha, who volunteers at the box office, said: "With the Playhouse having fought against fire and threats of closure for many years, it has admirably kept going and has gone from strength to strength to maintain its status in the town and attract both bigger shows and wider audiences."
Pictures of the theatre through the ages feature, including some belonging to the Mercury.
The book, priced £12.50, is available to purchase from the box office in High Street, Weston Museum and Waterstones.
A book launch will take place in the theatre from 10am-5pm on Saturday, where the Friends of the Playhouse will also conduct free guided tours of the theatre.
Samantha will also sell copies at a theatre gala night on Friday at 7.30pm.
- 1 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend