Book published which marks 50 years since Playhouse Theatre reopened
- Credit: Archant
A book has been published which marks 50 years since Weston’s Playhouse theatre reopened following a devastating fire.
Samantha Ball has written A History & Celebration Of The Playhouse Theatre following three years of research and interviews.
Samantha, who volunteers at the box office, said: "With the Playhouse having fought against fire and threats of closure for many years, it has admirably kept going and has gone from strength to strength to maintain its status in the town and attract both bigger shows and wider audiences."
Pictures of the theatre through the ages feature, including some belonging to the Mercury.
The book, priced £12.50, is available to purchase from the box office in High Street, Weston Museum and Waterstones.
You may also want to watch:
A book launch will take place in the theatre from 10am-5pm on Saturday, where the Friends of the Playhouse will also conduct free guided tours of the theatre.
Samantha will also sell copies at a theatre gala night on Friday at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards