Boris Johnson is a ‘blond buffoon’, says North Somerset Council leader
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s new Prime Minister is a ‘blond buffoon’ with no idea how to deliver Brexit, North Somerset Council’s leader has claimed.
Cllr Don Davies criticised Mr Johnson on the day the latter's leadership of the Conservative Party was confirmed.
But he was rebuked from some councillors at the meeting yesterday (Tuesday).
Cllr Davies, an Independent, was asked about the impact of a no deal Brexit on North Somerset.
He said: "Boris Johnson has no idea - how can we? We're in an extremely difficult position."
You may also want to watch:
He said Brexit may cause issues importing and exporting goods, and cause concern for EU citizens living in North Somerset.
Conservative councillor Ann Harley said she did not want to listen to Cllr Davies' attacks on Mr Johnson.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
Cllr Davies was told by independent council chairman David Shopland not to slate someone 'who can't answer back'.
Cllr Shopland said he would not allow a national debate in the council chamber but added: "We survived in 1914."