Boris Johnson is a ‘blond buffoon’, says North Somerset Council leader
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s new Prime Minister is a ‘blond buffoon’ with no idea how to deliver Brexit, North Somerset Council’s leader has claimed.
Cllr Don Davies criticised Mr Johnson on the day the latter's leadership of the Conservative Party was confirmed.
But he was rebuked from some councillors at the meeting yesterday (Tuesday).
Cllr Davies, an Independent, was asked about the impact of a no deal Brexit on North Somerset.
He said: "Boris Johnson has no idea - how can we? We're in an extremely difficult position."
You may also want to watch:
He said Brexit may cause issues importing and exporting goods, and cause concern for EU citizens living in North Somerset.
Conservative councillor Ann Harley said she did not want to listen to Cllr Davies' attacks on Mr Johnson.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
Cllr Davies was told by independent council chairman David Shopland not to slate someone 'who can't answer back'.
Cllr Shopland said he would not allow a national debate in the council chamber but added: "We survived in 1914."