Boris Johnson is a ‘blond buffoon’, says North Somerset Council leader
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s new Prime Minister is a ‘blond buffoon’ with no idea how to deliver Brexit, North Somerset Council’s leader has claimed.
Cllr Don Davies criticised Mr Johnson on the day the latter's leadership of the Conservative Party was confirmed.
But he was rebuked from some councillors at the meeting yesterday (Tuesday).
Cllr Davies, an Independent, was asked about the impact of a no deal Brexit on North Somerset.
He said: "Boris Johnson has no idea - how can we? We're in an extremely difficult position."
He said Brexit may cause issues importing and exporting goods, and cause concern for EU citizens living in North Somerset.
Conservative councillor Ann Harley said she did not want to listen to Cllr Davies' attacks on Mr Johnson.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
Cllr Davies was told by independent council chairman David Shopland not to slate someone 'who can't answer back'.
Cllr Shopland said he would not allow a national debate in the council chamber but added: "We survived in 1914."