Boris Johnson is a ‘blond buffoon’, says North Somerset Council leader
- Credit: Archant
Britain’s new Prime Minister is a ‘blond buffoon’ with no idea how to deliver Brexit, North Somerset Council’s leader has claimed.
Cllr Don Davies criticised Mr Johnson on the day the latter's leadership of the Conservative Party was confirmed.
But he was rebuked from some councillors at the meeting yesterday (Tuesday).
Cllr Davies, an Independent, was asked about the impact of a no deal Brexit on North Somerset.
He said: "Boris Johnson has no idea - how can we? We're in an extremely difficult position."
You may also want to watch:
He said Brexit may cause issues importing and exporting goods, and cause concern for EU citizens living in North Somerset.
Conservative councillor Ann Harley said she did not want to listen to Cllr Davies' attacks on Mr Johnson.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Cllr Davies was told by independent council chairman David Shopland not to slate someone 'who can't answer back'.
Cllr Shopland said he would not allow a national debate in the council chamber but added: "We survived in 1914."