Free weekend festival returns to Somerset
- Credit: Archant
A music and arts festival is set to return to a Somerset town this weekend.
BOSFest is back for a second year at various venues across Burnham-on-Sea tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday.
Musicians, comedians and poets will perform at the Princess Theatre, The Ritz, The Victoria Hotel and Manor Gardens.
A new addition to the free event this year will be the community stage outside the Princess Theatre, in Princess Street, where dancing troupes and drummers will perform across the weekend.
Authors including Sonny Topham, Francis Evesham and Becky Hewlitt will also read to visitors in the library.
You may also want to watch:
Tanya Dyer, chairman of BOSfest, said: “We are really excited to be welcoming this myriad of amazing performing talent to Burnham and also having the opportunity to showcase our own homegrown talent (from) here in Burnham, Highbridge and the surrounding areas.”
For a full timetable of events, visit www.bosfest.co.uk
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism