Brand new respite centre set to open
A BRAND new purpose-built respite centre in Weston will open its doors next month.
A BRAND NEW purpose-built respite centre in Weston will open its doors next month.
The Poppy Break Centre on the seafront includes 47 rooms, a dining area, library, conservatory, sun terrace, games room, cinema, hair salon, therapy room, spa and bar.
The building, which has been built to accommodate current or former members of the armed forces or their relatives, will also feature a memorial remembrance stone at the front of the site.
The centre will provide two-week breaks for families and children connected to the armed forces at little or no cost.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone wants more information on how to stay there they can call Somerset Legion House on 01934 629589.
As part of the project, Pegasus Retirement Homes is also building two new developments next to the centre for anyone aged over 60. They will open at a later date.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers