BREAKING NEWS: Fire at a Weston restaurant
28/02/08, 10.15am: A SMALL kitchen fire broke out at a restaurant in Weston this morning.
A SMALL kitchen fire broke out at a restaurant in Weston this morning (Thurs).
Firefighters were called to Toogies, in the Boulevard, at 8.30am.
It is believed the fire was caused by a frying pan being left unattended.
Two customers who were in the venue, which opens at 8am, evacuated when they heard the smoke alarms.
You may also want to watch:
The flames set alight to the ventilation duct and the fan and filled the building with smoke.
The kitchen suffered a large amount of fire damage and the remainder of the restaurant has been damaged by smoke.
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 5 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again