BREAKING NEWS: Four people escape from fire in flat

10.28am, 31/1/08: THREE men and a baby escaped from a fire in Worle in the early hours of this morning.

THREE men and a baby escaped from a fire in Worle in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters from Weston were called to a blaze at 12.10am in a block of flats in Cabot Way.

A first floor flat caught on fire after a pan was left unattended on the stove and two men and a baby had evacuated the property.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the flat and helped a third man to safety.


You may also want to watch:


The property was fitted with smoke alarms, which are thought to have alerted the occupants to the fire.

Minor damaged was caused to the kitchen but the rest of the flat was filled with heavy smoke.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus