BREAKING NEWS: Four people escape from fire in flat
10.28am, 31/1/08: THREE men and a baby escaped from a fire in Worle in the early hours of this morning.
THREE men and a baby escaped from a fire in Worle in the early hours of this morning.
Firefighters from Weston were called to a blaze at 12.10am in a block of flats in Cabot Way.
A first floor flat caught on fire after a pan was left unattended on the stove and two men and a baby had evacuated the property.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the flat and helped a third man to safety.
You may also want to watch:
The property was fitted with smoke alarms, which are thought to have alerted the occupants to the fire.
Minor damaged was caused to the kitchen but the rest of the flat was filled with heavy smoke.
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 5 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities