BREAKING NEWS: Teenager stabbed in Weston
8.45am 17.03.08 - A TEENAGER from Weston was taken to hospital after he was stabbed in the early hours of Saturday morning.
A TEENAGER from Weston was taken to hospital after he was stabbed in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The 16-year-old was injured after an altercation between a group of youngsters in Monkton Avenue on the Oldmixon estate at around 1.30am.
He was taken to Weston General Hospital where he was treated for a puncture wound.
A 17-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
DS Richard Baber of the town's CID said: "This man is very lucky that his injuries were not more serious.
"Officers have been making extensive enquiries in the area but I would appeal to anyone who may have information to come forward.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
"We are especially keen to hear from taxi drivers, shift workers or people returning from a night out as well as residents in the area.
"Local people may hold the key to helping us resolve this and I'm sure the consciences will tell them to come forward."
Anyone who can help can call Weston CID on 0845 456 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.