Spectacular scarecrows shown off around village
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of straw figures were displayed around a village over the weekend.
Brent Knoll Scarecrow Trail attracts people from across the region to look, and judge, people's efforts, which were entered in the competition on Saturday and Sunday.
Impressive mannequins ran along the theme of brands, and Ronald McDonald, Wallace and Gromit and Compare the Meerkat entries made an appearance.
This year's winners were Aardman, second Walkers Crisps and third Thatchers.
A spokesman for the event said: "A big thank you to everyone who came along, our sponsors and amazing scarecrow builders, who excelled themselves again.
"We would also like to thank rainbow and brownie groups which made cakes, as well as guides who came to help out over the weekend.
"Finally, thank you to Brent Knoll rainbow, brownie and guide leaders who make all this fun possible."
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'