Spectacular scarecrows shown off around village
- Credit: Archant
A plethora of straw figures were displayed around a village over the weekend.
Brent Knoll Scarecrow Trail attracts people from across the region to look, and judge, people's efforts, which were entered in the competition on Saturday and Sunday.
Impressive mannequins ran along the theme of brands, and Ronald McDonald, Wallace and Gromit and Compare the Meerkat entries made an appearance.
This year's winners were Aardman, second Walkers Crisps and third Thatchers.
A spokesman for the event said: "A big thank you to everyone who came along, our sponsors and amazing scarecrow builders, who excelled themselves again.
You may also want to watch:
"We would also like to thank rainbow and brownie groups which made cakes, as well as guides who came to help out over the weekend.
"Finally, thank you to Brent Knoll rainbow, brownie and guide leaders who make all this fun possible."
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer