Businesses win tourism awards
- Credit: Archant
A trio of businesses scooped tourism awards at the South West’s annual awards evening.
Visit Weston, The Blitz Tearoom and Stonebridge Farm Caravan Park, in Banwell, all won gold awards for its high standards.
The shortlisted entries were announced in October following mystery shopper visits and judging throughout the summer
Caroline Darlington, tourism manager for Visit Weston, the town council's destination marketing team, said: "Visit Weston is honoured to have received the gold award for visitor information service of the year and the silver award for tourism innovation.
"Achieving this prestigious gold award is such a reward for the hard work of our dedicated team at the Visitor Information Centre, we are all thrilled.
You may also want to watch:
"The silver award for tourism innovation is just wonderful, it will spur us on to continually evolve and innovate."
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters