Businesses win tourism awards
- Credit: Archant
A trio of businesses scooped tourism awards at the South West’s annual awards evening.
Visit Weston, The Blitz Tearoom and Stonebridge Farm Caravan Park, in Banwell, all won gold awards for its high standards.
The shortlisted entries were announced in October following mystery shopper visits and judging throughout the summer
Caroline Darlington, tourism manager for Visit Weston, the town council's destination marketing team, said: "Visit Weston is honoured to have received the gold award for visitor information service of the year and the silver award for tourism innovation.
"Achieving this prestigious gold award is such a reward for the hard work of our dedicated team at the Visitor Information Centre, we are all thrilled.
You may also want to watch:
"The silver award for tourism innovation is just wonderful, it will spur us on to continually evolve and innovate."
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network