Businesses win tourism awards
- Credit: Archant
A trio of businesses scooped tourism awards at the South West’s annual awards evening.
Visit Weston, The Blitz Tearoom and Stonebridge Farm Caravan Park, in Banwell, all won gold awards for its high standards.
The shortlisted entries were announced in October following mystery shopper visits and judging throughout the summer
Caroline Darlington, tourism manager for Visit Weston, the town council's destination marketing team, said: "Visit Weston is honoured to have received the gold award for visitor information service of the year and the silver award for tourism innovation.
"Achieving this prestigious gold award is such a reward for the hard work of our dedicated team at the Visitor Information Centre, we are all thrilled.
You may also want to watch:
"The silver award for tourism innovation is just wonderful, it will spur us on to continually evolve and innovate."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple