Halloween convoy raises hundreds of pounds for charity
- Credit: Archant
Volkswagen enthusiasts raised hundreds of pounds on Saturday.
The Bristol Camper Company hosted an open day at its Peartree Industrial Estate unit, in Langford, and sponsored a Halloween cruise.
They provided hot refreshments before members of the Vee Dub Family events team convoyed out to The Failand Inn, where drivers enjoyed a chilli supper and live music from The Sirens.
A total of £326.50 was raised for the family of Sarah Rooke, a former Vee Dub Family member, whose son Luke took his own life.
A Vee Dub family spokesman said: “A massive thank you to everyone who turned out to support our Halloween fundraiser, it was lovely to see so many new and old members.
You may also want to watch:
“Most importantly we managed to raise money for Sarah and her family.”
To donate, log on to www.gofundme.com/saying-farewell-to-luke
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 New principal appointed at academy
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'